Steph Prem: My Day on a Plate

Mar 5

An advocate for a healthy, balanced diet, we spoke with RISE by Studio PP Founder and Director Steph Prem about her food philosophy, her favourite meals and what a typical day on a plate looks like for the elite trainer.

I believe in the 80/20 rule, which encourages a moderated, balanced diet 80% of the time, leaving room for indulgence in the remaining 20%. Most of the time, I focus on foods that nourish me and provide me with the vitamins and minerals my body needs to perform at its best. However, I always leave a little room for guilt-free treats!

I personally follow a predominantly organic, plant-based diet with the addition of healthy oils/fats and seafood. As a result of the physical trauma caused by my accident, I developed celiac disease, so I now also keep a strict gluten free diet.

I do believe everyone needs to take an individualised approach to food. What works best for me may not be the optimal diet for you. I’m also a big believer in balance and would never deny myself a good glass a red and my favourite Mexican dishes!

Steph’s Day on a Plate

5.15am – My days start early, and my non-negotiable morning routine consists of a glass of a warm lemon water and my daily vitamins, followed by a hot shower and a stretch. A quick five-minute meditation helps put me in a positive mindset for the day. This is often done when I first wake up – in the shower or in the car on the way to work.

8am-12pm – My mornings typically consist of personal training. In between clients, I inhale a smoothie for breakfast (peanut butter or a green smoothie are my favourites)!

1pm – On days when I’m at the studio, my lunch consists of a veggie-packed salad with some salmon or boiled eggs which I try to prepare the night before.

3-5pm – I’m usually finished seeing clients by this time, so I try to squeeze in a walk for a hit of Vitamin D or some acupuncture before catching up on my emails and admin for the day. I usually get quite hungry at around 4-5pm, so I have plenty of smoothies and bliss balls at arms-length to get me through the afternoon.

6pm – I’m a creature of habit and often stick to my favourite dishes (how many ways can you cook salmon?!)

After dinner I often do my best work late at night (much to my adrenals’ dismay)!, finishing up emails and checking off my list for the day. The addition of a chamomile tea and a handful of popcorn or some raw chocolate usually gets me through!

close

Join the list

FOR UPDATES AND RECENT ARTICLES

By clicking subscribe, you consent to 101 Collins and RISE by Studio PP sending you emails and using your information to provide updates, recent articles and other materials that may be of interest.

Your information is handled in accordance with our Privacy Policy, which sets out how we use and disclose information as well as how you can access or correct personal information, or make a complaint.Your information is handled in accordance with our Privacy Policy, which sets out how we use and disclose information as well as how you can access or correct personal information, or make a complaint.